Saturday, March 15, 2008

Spring is starting to spring...

Here are some pictures of my backyard March 2008. Some of the bulbs I planted in the fall have started to grow.

Lets start with Winter...it seamed like it would go on forever!

I think the snow is done for good (though the weather man thinks it could snow today and tomorrow) and so I have started working in my yard. I bought some more top/planting soil and a cute little garden fence so my new puppy (see other post) won't get into my flowers and the dirt.



Cute right? I like it...can't really see the flowers from here yet. I have 3 lavender plants that I hope will come back to life from last year and then the numerous bulbs I planted.



Most native Utahn's will tell you that they love the 4 seasons here in Utah. I myself like the 2 seasons in California-Spring & Summer- here in Utah there are only 2 seasons that I have lived through-Summer & Winter-one day it will be 85' (fall) and the next day will be 30' or colder (winter) which lasts for 7 months then one day it will be 55' (spring) and the next day will be 90' or hotter (summer) which lasts for 5 months. I have yet to live in an area that has the full 4 seasons.

Here is one last picture of a Hyacinth plant coming up out of the dirt!


Growing is hard work...trust me! Have a great weekend! Remember: You deserve it! Go by yourself a present, new outfit, new car...you get the idea!

1 comment:

JJ said...

Yahoo! I am so happy you updated your blog! Your yard looks fabulous!